Thanks for riding with me

Hey its Maddox and thanks for tagging along on this wonderful journey to Seoul for a great oppurtunity to be challenged outside of the US boundaries.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Preping




So as this experience goes on so is the daily work and preparation for this film. I must explain that I came into this film half way through the prep for another cameraman that I did not know. So a little bit scattered and uncertain I had to put many pieces together, nothing that a few life experiences haven't already prepared me for , so here it is. The basics like a shedule, that was ever changing, an equipment list that wasn't truly built, and so on. All the while compounded with a new 3D work flow for my camera dept, and cultural dynamic that I was trying to figure out. A whole lot of excuses/challenges that get me no where with complaints.

So I start with actually seeing the locations, to a script that is not locked, and I ask where do I find the visual language/visual arc for this story. My director and I looked at the work of Michael Barrett who shot a movie called "Takers." A certain level of colorful sophisticated crime drama, is what we are going after , and even though we haven't seen the movie the trailer seems to have a bit of what we are looking for. So between that and a book called "The Impossible Image." We have a beggining for what the story seems to be shaping up to be.

So as we roll around and see plenty of Seoul I have to be honest and tell you that I have experienced only a fraction of it, which is a bit disappointing. None the less from a work standpoint I get to appreaciate the design aspect of this great city. I didn't realize until we scouted late at night that this city DOES NOT SLEEP! So the photos in this blog are a few of the great examples of exactly where I'll be shooting and where I will be shaping
the visual language of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment