Thanks for riding with me

Hey its Maddox and thanks for tagging along on this wonderful journey to Seoul for a great oppurtunity to be challenged outside of the US boundaries.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LAX


So my wife and I arrived at LAX after a long goodbye, and got there at about 10pm two hours prior to the 12:15 take off. Director arrives and we head to the business class line bags in hand and are told that we have no reservation? WTF we both have had email confirmations telling us of our business class seats and that we were confirmed for that nights flights. They at Korean Air, say the seats are available but your travel agent has cancelled the reservation. WHAT....Immediately we call our Korean Exec Producer Yung. I am thinking and doubting to myself that we are not going to be going to Seoul after all, and that all this prep and emotion are going to waste. I truly became "ye of little faith." Yung does not pick up, the travel agents do not pick up, they tell us we have 30mins to get someone on the phone are we might as well forget about it. I'm like , I'll take door number 2, look at the pict of me! Cell phone on my lap no descript look on my face just frustrated......"Low faith"

Now look at my director Christian

Smile on his face just talking to our American producer/liason John about whats going on and knowing that it is going to work out. I'm like "man I gotta come back tomorrow and do this all again with the wife! Man this is not cool." Needless to say we don't hear back from Korea so we proceed to the parking lot literally 5 steps from touching the car when the phone rings.....Its Yung, he tells us that his travel agent has switched us to Asiana Airlines, business class for a 12:20 flight. We stop and run full speed now back across traffic and through LAX Bradley terminal and they tell us we have been confirmed and that there is no rush! I can hardly believe it. We were leaving. Irony was we were sitting right next to that terminal the whole time. It was a lesson of faith about this experience and how I need to let go and roll with the adventure at hand. This is not a American production its a Korean production and its going to be a GREAT TIME. A great lesson learned. Needless to say I have to be thankful for a great wife who ran with us across traffic dragging one of my bags and stayed with us as this whole thing unfolded. Thanks Lis and so we made our amazing flight across the Pacific!

2 comments:

  1. Great move on your part.....Thank God, thank wife, and compliment mother....you are in like Flynn!!! God Bless little brother!!! We will be reading on...........Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen!

    Glad you got in OK. Love ya

    ReplyDelete